Standard Terms & Conditions
Note: Variances can be agreed on but only by arrangement with the owner in writing.
Deposit of 50% non refundable is required to secure the booking. Payment of the rental deposit constitutes the clients acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. (Bookings 4 months or more in advance can be secured on 25% deposit with a regular payment schedule.) Bookings made less than 30 days prior to arrival require full payment within 48 hours to confirm the booking. Full payment must be recieved at least 7 days prior to arrival.
A security deposit of $500 is also payable. This security has been forced on us by guests leaving the house in a state that requires extra cleaning or repairs. This security will usually be fully refunded within 72 hours of vacating the property upon clearance from our cleaners. However in the event that our cleaners report damage or excess cleaning, a full refund should not be expected.
Where a payment schedule is set in place, regular payments are required to maintain the agreement; a payment every 2 months would be considered a minimum. Failure to maintain a regular payment schedule will constitute a breach of agreement and may result in cancellation of the booking. As a guide, we would expect 50% of the total be paid 4 months prior to arrival and 75% 2 months prior to arrival with the balance of the rental amount plus security deposit being recieved in full 7 days prior to occupancy.
Cancellation if caused by the client, money paid is not refundable unless the house is re-let for the entire period. If the property is fully relet and a refund is made then a $50 cancellation fee will apply. We recommend you take out comprehensive travel insurance to protect against any unforeseen cancellation.
The owners will make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked. However the owners reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances.
Loss - the owners do not cover your personal belongings under their insurance policy and therefore take no responsibility for any loss or damage of the occupants personal property left on the premises. We strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance.
To maintain a good standard for our guests we require certain conditions to be complied with. We appreciate most will respect our property but the occasional abuse requires that we state the following conditions.
- Number of Guests should not exceed the number stated on the Confirmation Notice or subsequently agreed in writing or email. Fees will apply for excess guests not agreed with the owners in advance.
- Parties and Functions are strictly prohibited. The price charged is for domestic use only and not commercial. Accordingly this rate does not allow for the extra wear associated with functions in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. Use contrary to this may result in additional charges and or loss of security deposit.
- Damage, Breakages, Theft and Loss are the tenantsí responsibility during their stay, please ensure you keep the property locked at all times.
- Departure - the property should be left in a similar state to its condition on arrival. Check-out time is 10am by the latest, to allow time to prepare property for next guests.
- Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination of rental.
- Linen is supplied by the owner but we do ask that beds used during the stay are stripped prior to departure and all used linen placed in washing basket located in the bathroom.
- Pets are allowed inside the house provided they are house trained, have been fully vaccinated and have current flea treatment, they are not allowed on furniture or permitted in the spa bath. Should you wish to bath your pet, an outside shower with hot and cold water has been installed for this purpose. A fee will be charged however if our gardener has to pick-up after your dog.
- Excessive use of electricity (more than 8kWh per day) will be charged against the security deposit at a rate of 20.69c + GST as per QLD Gov. Gazetted Tariff.